Media Facts Page
This page and related pages have been assembled to to provide quick access to relevant facts about Orienteering in Australia, and elite orienteering activities. For more information, photographs and video file footage please contact the Orienteering Australia media liaison officer:
PO Box 3049 WANNIASSA ACT 2903
Orienteering in Australia
Statistics based on 2005 figures.
- 995 events held in 2005, with over 82,000 entries.
- 3587 members
§ 57% male; 43% female
§ By Age:
- 30% Junior (under 21);
- 12% Senior (21-35 years);
- 58% Masters (over 35 years)
- 7481 registered orienteers
Up to date statistics on members, participants etc can be found here.
* The Northern Territory is associated with the Orienteering Association of South Australia - www.topend.nt.orienteering.asn.au