You do not need to be a member to participate at most orienteering events. However, if you intend to become a regular participant, becoming a member has many benefits.
Orienteering Australia does not have direct membership, membership is through State Associations. Membership of state associations is on a calendar year basis. Membership fees vary between states and clubs. Please refer to your state association or club for membership fees.
Membership provides the following benefits:
- a regular state newsletter providing a listing of coming events, results, coaching tips, news and views;
- regular e-newsletters;
- subscription to the national quarterly magazine, The Australian Orienteer;
- discounted event entry fees (most states);
- assistance from experienced club members to help you improve your skills, including special coaching activities and training days;
- eligibility to win Annual Awards;
- social interaction with fellow club members;
- discounts through State Association sponsors;
- discounts through Orienteering Australia sponsors; and
- reciprocal rights interstate.
Membership forms are available at events and through your local club or state association.